- Town Manager
The Town Manager is appointed by the Town Select Board and is responsible for administering the policies as established by the Town Select Board and the Town Charter. The Manager serves as the chief administrative officer and head of the administrative branch of the Town Government. The duties include complete executive direction of the administrative services of the Town and includes overseeing the finances of the Town. The Town Manager shall be responsible for implementing all Town policies and providing all staff with clear and efficient operating procedures necessary to conduct their assigned tasks. The Town Manager shall serve as the liaison between the Select Board and the citizens of the Town of Ogunquit and various public and private agencies and businesses including local, regional, and State planning, and professional organizations beneficial to municipal operation.
- Serves as Personnel Director for the Town
- Supervises the administration of all departments, offices, and agencies of the Town, except as otherwise provided by the charter or law
- Appoints all necessary and required positions
- Faithfully executes all laws, provisions of this document, the Town Manager Employment Contract, and decisions of the Select Board
- Reports to the Select Board a summary of the operations of Town departments, offices, and agencies subject to his/her direction and supervision
- Attends and participates in all meetings of the Select Board, except when removal of the Town Manager is being considered
- Attends all meetings and hearings germane to the administration of the municipality.
- Develops an annual Town budget and works with the Select Board to meet the process requirements in time for the annual Town Meeting and tax bill preparation
- Creates and submits to the Select Board an Annual Town report to distribute at Town Meeting
- Develops and updates annually a five-year Capital Improvement Plan (CIP) for presentation to the Select Board and Budget Committee.
- Keeps the Select Board and residents fully advised concerning the financial condition and future needs of the Town and makes appropriate recommendations to the Select Board
- Stays current with changes in State regulations that could affect Town ordinances, policies, and budget
- Prepares ordinances and/or amendments to existing ordinances to keep current
- Follows and executes all Town and Department policies, laws and ordinances
- Has exclusive authority to remove, for cause, after notice and hearing, any person whom the Town Manager is authorized, to appoint and report all such removals to the Select Board.
- Unless otherwise dictated by municipal ordinance, the Town Manager shall appoint, supervise and control all town officials who the Select Board are required by statute or charter to appoint, except members of boards, commissions, committees and single assessors; appoint, supervise and control all other officials, except that the Town Manager may delegate this authority to the head of a department, and report all such appointments to the Select Board.
- Keeps the Select Board, and the residents of the municipality informed as to the financial condition of the municipality.
- Assists insofar as possible, residents and taxpayers in discovering their lawful remedies in cases involving unfair vendor, administrative and governmental practices.
- Makes applications for state, federal and other aid grants for the benefit of the municipality, as approved by the Select Board.
- Performs such other duties as may be prescribed by charter or as may be required by the Select Board, if not inconsistent with the provisions of the Town's Charter.